Facility Grants and Loans
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
- Loan and grant applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
- February 1, 2019 is the application deadline for each grant/loan listed below:
- Public & Private Marina Loans
- Boat Launching Facility
- Ramp Repair and Modification
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grants
- DBW is transitioning towards an online application process for all of its grants and loans.
- Applications for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, Boat Launching Facilities (BLF), Non-Motorized Boating Facility, and Ramp Repair and Modification Grants will be considered for funding in the State's Fiscal Year 2019-2020 budget.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis as funding allows.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
Read the Application Instructions prior to beginning the application process. Prior to submitting an application, review the application checklist to ensure your submittal is complete. A resolution from your governing body is required.
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS FOR MOTORIZED BOATS
- Boat Launching Facilities Grant Application
- Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
NON-MOTORIZED BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Application
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Non-Motorized Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
RAMP REPAIR AND MODIFICATION GRANTS
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Application
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Scope Items Guide
PRIVATE AND PUBLICALLY OWNED RECREATIONAL MARINA LOANS
Online loan applications for Private and Publically Owned Recreational Marinas, due Feb. 1, 2019, are currently available. Because this is the first year using this process, DBW will also accept hard copy application submission.
- Private and Publically Owned Recreational Marina Loan Application (Hard Copy)
- On-line Loan Application (OLGA)
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Layout Design and Construction Handbook for Small Craft Boat Launching Facilities
- Layout & Design Guidelines for Marina Berthing Facilities
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov or (916) 327-1816.