Educational Videos & Publications
- Southern California Boater's Guide
This guide provides valuable information about the numerous recreational opportunities within the 15 Southern California harbors, conveniently features boat safety and proper maintenance techniques and offers custom maps and practical harbor information such as how to obtain a guest slip, location of waste and pumpout facilities, entrance obstacles, and much more. This guide was produced by The Bay Foundation and the Division of Boating and Waterways. The Guide is available as a paper publication, PDF, and new interactive e-book for iPads versions 2 and above. For more information and to get your copy visit http://santamonicabay.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/PDF-version-Boaters-Guide.pdf. If you are interested in a paper copy, please fill out an order form.
- When Nature Calls - Web Version
This publication provides boaters with information about proper boat sewage management, Marine Sanitation Devices, how to steps for pumping out boat sewage, no discharge zones and restricted water bodies, laws, and green solutions. This publication was produced by The Bay Foundation and the Division of Boating and Waterways.
- Environmental Boating Laws Every Recreational Boater Should Know
This brochure contains information on Environmental Boating Laws for fuel and oil, sewage, dispersants, hazardous waste, plastic and marine debris. Every recreational boater should ensure that clean boating is part of their experience of enjoying California waterways.
- San Francisco Clean Boating Map Produced by the City and County of San Francisco Department of the Environment, the California Division of Boating and Waterways, and the California Coastal Commission's Boating Clean & Green Program. The San Francisco Bay Area Clean Boating Map features locations of marina-based pollution prevention services (used oil collection, sewage and bilge pumpout, oil absorbent distribution and collection, marine battery collection), mobile boat-to-boat services and helpful information about clean and safe boating practices.
- Sacramento - San Joaquin Delta Recreational Boating Map produced by Keep the Delta Clean Program, the California Division of Boating and Waterways, and the California Coastal Commission’s Boating Clean & Green Program. This map features pollution prevention services at marinas, general marina characteristics, certified used Oil Collection centers and information about clean and safe boating.
- 2017 California Sewage Pumpout Report. This Report highlights findings on the condition and operational status of public pumpout stations in 2017. The report makes an effort to answer the following question: What is the likelihood that a boater will have a positive experience at a given pumpout? Check out our new report to see the results of our analysis and explanation of our monitoring programs! This report is Funded by the California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways Clean Vessel Act Education Program and a Federal Clean Vessel Act grant through the Sport Fish Restoration Program. Federal Clean Vessel Act grants are funded by your purchases of fishing equipment and motorboat fuel.This report was produced by The Bay Foundation, San Francisco Estuary Partnership, and the California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways.