Last year, California State Parks encouraged people to get outside for Black Friday weekend and reconnect with loved ones and the outdoors. We started a campaign, #InventYourAdventure, to see how people created their own adventures in our parks.
This year, we want to build
on this movement and go even farther!
Every Adventure Has a Story
We see how you adventure in our parks, but now we want to hear your story! Our parks draw in thousands of people every year to enjoy, explore, and find ways to connect with one another and the outdoors.
What brings you back to a certain state park every day, week, month or year? Why is a certain park special to you? We want to hear the tale of your proposal, the funniest moment of the day, the camping adventure, the beautiful story of your wedding, or any memorable moment that all happened within a California state park. We want to hear them all!
Instead of waiting in lines and sitting in traffic this Black Friday season, go out and tell your story in our parks. If you do not have a story, we encourage you to go out and create one!
Pick your park, tell your story, and win a great prize!
How It Works:
- Visit your favorite park or one that you go to frequently.
- Create a post on Instagram that tells us personal story of why that park is important to you. The post can either be a 60 second video telling the story or a photo with the story in the caption. Only one entry per user.
- Follow @CAStateParks on Instagram and use the hashtags #InventYourAdventure #CAStateParks #EagleCreek
- The Califonia State Parks #InventYourAdventure team will then pick the six most creative stories throughout California.
- The winner will win an Eagle Creek travel backpack worth over $200.00!, courtesy of Eagle Creek.
Please click here to read full contest rules and Terms and Conditions
Eagle Creek is a tribe of travelers. They were born in the San Jacinto Mountains of California where Steve and Nona Barker ran a retail store called Mountain People. In 1975, they put their energy full-time into pack manufacturing. Today, they are a company focused on outfitting the traveler to help make their experience better and the discoveries greater.