Boat Launching Facilities Grant
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY 2021/2022 GRANT APPLICATION & APPLICANT WORKSHOP
Applications for the Boat Launching Facility (BLF) 2021/2022 funding cycle are being accepted through the Online Grant Application (OLGA) through February 1, 2021. DBW is hosting a 1-hour virtual Workshop Question and Answer (Q&A) session for interested applicants on Thursday, January 7, 2021 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. to answer questions applicants may have regarding the BLF program, OLGA, and the grant application process. Prior to submitting an application or participating in the Q&A, participants should review the 25-minute 2019 webinar available here and slide deck available here. The webinar provides an overview of the BLF grant program, reviews the grant application and scoring criteria, and includes recommendations for writing a competitive application. To RSVP for the virtual Workshop Q&A session or to learn more about the BLF grant program, contact Joe Dux at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please RSVP no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 to receive the virtual meeting link.
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
- Loan and grant applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
- February 1, 2021 is the application deadline for each grant/loan listed below:
- Public & Private Marina Loans
- Boat Launching Facility
- Ramp Repair and Modification
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grants
- DBW is transitioning towards an online application process for all of its grants and loans.
- Applications for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, Boat Launching Facilities (BLF), Non-Motorized Boating Facility, and Ramp Repair and Modification Grants will be considered for funding in the State's Fiscal Year 2021-2022 budget.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis as funding allows.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
Read the Application Instructions prior to beginning the application process. Prior to submitting an application, review the application checklist to ensure your submittal is complete. A resolution from your governing body is required.
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS FOR MOTORIZED BOATS
Online grant applications for Boat Launching Facilities for Motorized Boats, due Feb. 1, 2021, are currently available.
- On-line Grant Application (OLGA)
- Boat Launching Facilities Grant Application
- Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
NON-MOTORIZED BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS
Online grant applications for Non-Motorized Boat Launching Facilities, due Feb. 1, 2021, are currently available.
- On-line Grant Application (OLGA)
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Application
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Non-Motorized Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
RAMP REPAIR AND MODIFICATION GRANTS
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Application
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Scope Items Guide
PRIVATE AND PUBLICALLY OWNED RECREATIONAL MARINA LOANS
Online loan applications for Private and Publically Owned Recreational Marinas, due Feb. 1, 2021, are currently available.
- Private and Publically Owned Recreational Marina Loan Application (Hard Copy)
- On-line Loan Application (OLGA)
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Layout Design and Construction Handbook for Small Craft Boat Launching Facilities
- Layout & Design Guidelines for Marina Berthing Facilities
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov or (916) 327-1816.