Boat Launching Facilities Grant
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY 2023/2024 GRANT APPLICATION & APPLICANT WORKSHOP
Applications for the Boat Launching Facility (BLF) 2024/2025 funding cycle are only being accepted through the Online Grant Application (OLGA) until February 1, 2024. DBW hosted a 1-hour virtual Workshop Question and Answer (Q&A) session on Thursday, January 7, 2021 to answer questions applicants may have regarding the BLF program, OLGA, and the grant application process. Prior to submitting an application you should review the 25-minute 2019 webinar available here and slide deck available here. The webinar provides an overview of the BLF grant program, reviews the grant application and scoring criteria, and includes recommendations for writing a competitive application.
|Arcata NMBFL||City of Arcata||$550,000|
|Davies BLF||City of Long Beach||$300,000|
|Donner Lake BLF||Truckee-Donner Recreation and Parks District||$1,702,400|
|East Park Reservoir BLF||Bureau of Reclamation||$150,000|
|Hudeman Slough BLF||Sonoma County Regional Parks||$754,000|
|Isleton BLF||City of Lakeport||$200,000|
|Lake Mendocino BLF||United States Army Corp of Engineers||$1,400,000|
|Lake Skinner BLF||Riverside County||$200,000|
|Lake Webb West BLF||Kern County||$1,160,000|
|Lakeport BLF||City of Lakeport||$135,250|
|Minersville BLF||United States Forest Service-Trinity Shasta||$4,850,000|
|Owen River Water Trail NMBLF||Inyo County Water District||$110,000|
|Port San Luis Trailer BLF||Port San Luis Harbor District||$442,358|
|Rock Creek Lake BLF (Planning)||United States Forest Service-Inyo||$200,000|
|Rock Creek Lake BLF (Construction)||United States Forest Service-Inyo||$1,500,000|
|Samoa BLF||City of Eureka||$200,000|
|Silver Lake BLF||United States Forest Service-Trinity Shasta||$910,000|
|Stoney Gorge Reservoir BLF||Bureau of Reclamation||$150,000|
|Stuart Fork RRM||United States Forest Service-Trinity Shasta||$60,000|
|Tuolumne River Front Park NMBLF||City of Modesto||$780,000|
|Ventura Harbor BLF||Ventura Port Harbor||$890,000|
|Wiest Lake BLF||Imperial County||$1,430,000|
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
- Loan and grant applications are only accepted via OLGA on a continuous basis.
- Applications for each grant/loan listed below are being accepted through February 1, 2024:
- Boat Launching Facility
- Ramp Repair and Modification
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grants
- Applications for Boat Launching Facilities (BLF), Non-Motorized Boating Facility, and Ramp Repair and Modification Grants will be considered for funding in the State's Fiscal Year 2024-2025 budget.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis as funding allows.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
Read the Application Overview prior to beginning the application process. Prior to submitting an application, review the application checklist to ensure your submittal is complete. A resolution from your governing body is required.
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS FOR MOTORIZED BOATS
Grant applications for Boat Launching Facilities for Motorized Boats are only accepted online through February 1, 2024.
- On-line Grant Application (OLGA)
- Boat Launching Facilities Grant Application SAMPLE
- Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
NON-MOTORIZED BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY GRANTS
Grant applications for Non-Motorized Boat Launching Facilities are only accepted online through February 1, 2024.
- On-line Grant Application (OLGA)
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Application SAMPLE
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Ranking Worksheet
RAMP REPAIR AND MODIFICATION GRANTS
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Application SAMPLE
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Ranking Worksheet
PRIVATE AND PUBLICLY OWNED RECREATIONAL MARINA LOANS
The Public and Private Marina Loan programs are suspended pending the outcome of a current evaluative process and identification of a funding source. If you are interested in further information about a potential future loan funded by these programs, contact Casey Caldwell at: email@example.com.
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Layout Design and Construction Handbook for Small Craft Boat Launching Facilities
- Layout & Design Guidelines for Marina Berthing Facilities
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov.